Teen arrested for robbery in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – Police have arrested a teen in a Hampton gas station robbery, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
It happened on January 24, 2013, in the 1000 block of Big Bethel Road. Police say at 11:13 p.m., police received a 911 call in reference to a business robbery at the Shell Gas Station in the 1000 block of Big Bethel Road.
When police arrived, they found that the suspect had entered the business with his face covered with a bandana. The suspect then went behind the counter and assaulted a male employee.
Police say the suspect then took an undisclosed amount of cash from the business and ran away. Officers responded to the area and located the suspect in the first block of Michaels Woods Drive. He was arrested without incident.
No one was injured during the incident.
Police arrested a 17-year-old male; he is charged with one count of robbery.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time