Virginia Beach elementary students reach out to President Obama
According to VBCPS officials, Jennifer Fernandez’s second grade class wrote a friendly letter to President Obama congratulating him on his re-election. They included their appreciation for him as well as, “how they would like to improve their community and country like he does”.
Mrs. Fernandez’s class received a letter back from President Obama, thanking them for the letter. He wrote about the importance of education and the importance of continuing to discuss ways to help the country and communities. In addition to the letter, officials say the class also received an “autographed” photo of the president, a photo of his dog, Bo, with information on him, a map of the White House, a photo of the White House, and two informational guides on past presidents.
Mrs. Fernandez said, “This was very special for my students because they were able to experience that their opinions were heard and appreciated!”
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel