Reports: Several Redskins players almost ‘catfished’
The Washington Redskins had a catfishing incident of their own according to reports.
In mid-December the team sent out a memo warning players not to contact a certain Twitter account because the woman behind it was not real.
The woman went by the name Sidney Ackerman and was passing off photos of a model named CJ Miles as her own.
At least three Redskins players were in contact with Ackerman.
The players became suspicious after they would set up dates that were always cancelled.
NFL security investigated and told the team to stay away.
The league found out that person known as Ackerman was in fact a woman and a die-hard Skins fan. Other than that, she was not who she claimed to be.
Unlike Te’o, none of the Redskins players involved became emotionally attached.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage