Reports: Several Redskins players almost ‘catfished’
The Washington Redskins had a catfishing incident of their own according to reports.
In mid-December the team sent out a memo warning players not to contact a certain Twitter account because the woman behind it was not real.
The woman went by the name Sidney Ackerman and was passing off photos of a model named CJ Miles as her own.
At least three Redskins players were in contact with Ackerman.
The players became suspicious after they would set up dates that were always cancelled.
NFL security investigated and told the team to stay away.
The league found out that person known as Ackerman was in fact a woman and a die-hard Skins fan. Other than that, she was not who she claimed to be.
Unlike Te’o, none of the Redskins players involved became emotionally attached.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'