Reports: Several Redskins players almost ‘catfished’
The Washington Redskins had a catfishing incident of their own according to reports.
In mid-December the team sent out a memo warning players not to contact a certain Twitter account because the woman behind it was not real.
The woman went by the name Sidney Ackerman and was passing off photos of a model named CJ Miles as her own.
At least three Redskins players were in contact with Ackerman.
The players became suspicious after they would set up dates that were always cancelled.
NFL security investigated and told the team to stay away.
The league found out that person known as Ackerman was in fact a woman and a die-hard Skins fan. Other than that, she was not who she claimed to be.
Unlike Te’o, none of the Redskins players involved became emotionally attached.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury