Students transported to hospital after 4 buses collide at Ruffner Middle
Norfolk, Va.–According to Norfolk Public Schools, several students were transported to the hospital after a school bus collision occurred at Ruffner Middle School on Thursday during dismissal time.
They say one school bus hit the back of another in the bus loop which in turn caused a chain reaction crash with two other buses.
Seven students were transported to the hospital via ambulance to be checked for minor injuries. They say eight reported injuries.
The other students who were on the buses were taken inside the school until replacement buses could arrive.
Norfolk Public Schools is investigating the cause of the accident.
Faces of meth
Va. vanity plates
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!