Students transported to hospital after 4 buses collide at Ruffner Middle
Norfolk, Va.–According to Norfolk Public Schools, several students were transported to the hospital after a school bus collision occurred at Ruffner Middle School on Thursday during dismissal time.
They say one school bus hit the back of another in the bus loop which in turn caused a chain reaction crash with two other buses.
Seven students were transported to the hospital via ambulance to be checked for minor injuries. They say eight reported injuries.
The other students who were on the buses were taken inside the school until replacement buses could arrive.
Norfolk Public Schools is investigating the cause of the accident.
Faces of meth
Va. vanity plates
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'