Crews to perform test lifts on Berkley Bridge
Norfolk, Va. – VDOT maintenance crews have scheduled test lifts at the Interstate 264 Berkley Bridge on Wednesday, Jan. 30, and Thursday, Jan 31, 2013.
Crews will perform up to eight test lifts, as traffic conditions permit, between the hours of 8 p.m. to 3 a.m., with each opening expected to last up to 10 minutes.
After each test opening, crews will reopen the bridge to traffic allowing the queue to clear. Crews will test the span as part of routine maintenance.
VDOT attempts to schedule maintenance during travel periods when traffic volumes are lower, to reduce impact to motorists.
Motorists are encouraged to visit http://www.511virginia.org , call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified