Crews to perform test lifts on Berkley Bridge
Norfolk, Va. – VDOT maintenance crews have scheduled test lifts at the Interstate 264 Berkley Bridge on Wednesday, Jan. 30, and Thursday, Jan 31, 2013.
Crews will perform up to eight test lifts, as traffic conditions permit, between the hours of 8 p.m. to 3 a.m., with each opening expected to last up to 10 minutes.
After each test opening, crews will reopen the bridge to traffic allowing the queue to clear. Crews will test the span as part of routine maintenance.
VDOT attempts to schedule maintenance during travel periods when traffic volumes are lower, to reduce impact to motorists.
Motorists are encouraged to visit http://www.511virginia.org , call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket