Virginia Beach makes effort to count homeless female veterans in annual survey
The city of Virginia Beach kicked off an effort to count every single homeless person in the resort city on Wednesday.
This year, the effort will focus specifically on counting homeless female veterans.
It’s a big concern as Virginia Beach tries to reverse the growing trend of veterans ending up homeless.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’