Virginia Beach makes effort to count homeless female veterans in annual survey
The city of Virginia Beach kicked off an effort to count every single homeless person in the resort city on Wednesday.
This year, the effort will focus specifically on counting homeless female veterans.
It’s a big concern as Virginia Beach tries to reverse the growing trend of veterans ending up homeless.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business