Man accused in murder of 77-year-old veteran appears in Chesapeake court
A suspect accused in the murder of a 77-year-old Vietnam veteran appeared in a Chesapeake courtroom Wednesday.
Police say Charles Silva was beaten to death with his own gun.
Kyle Langreder appeared by video feed for his arraignment Wednesday morning.
While the case against him is moving forward, police have not arrested anyone else for Silva’s murder, an attack investigators say was committed by a mob of young men.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'