Fatal accident on Princess Anne Road
Virginia Beach, Va. – One person has died after an accident this morning in Virginia Beach, officials tell NewsChannel 3. The victim has been identified as a female.
The call came in at 6:57 a.m. Wednesday, January 23, 2013. Crews responded to the scene of the accident with injuries at Back Bay Landing and Fitztown Road; part of Princess Anne Road was closed down, 50 yards south of Back Bay Landing. Princess Anne Road at Morris Neck was also shut down. School transportation was notified, officials say.
They say one vehicle was travelling northbound and one vehicle was heading southbound; a head on collision ensued. The victim is a female and was travelling north; the southbound driver is a male.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are released.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations