Fatal accident on Princess Anne Road
Virginia Beach, Va. – One person has died after an accident this morning in Virginia Beach, officials tell NewsChannel 3. The victim has been identified as a female.
The call came in at 6:57 a.m. Wednesday, January 23, 2013. Crews responded to the scene of the accident with injuries at Back Bay Landing and Fitztown Road; part of Princess Anne Road was closed down, 50 yards south of Back Bay Landing. Princess Anne Road at Morris Neck was also shut down. School transportation was notified, officials say.
They say one vehicle was travelling northbound and one vehicle was heading southbound; a head on collision ensued. The victim is a female and was travelling north; the southbound driver is a male.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are released.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen