Texting app has ‘self-destruct’ feature
By Holly Henry, WTKR/WGNT Online Producer
In the world of apps, there are many you can use to share videos and photos with your friends. Of course!
But here’s one you may not know about – it has a twist.
Say hello to Snapchat.
Snapchat is a mobile app that lets users share images and videos – that – disappear after a few seconds!
It was created by a Stanford student about a year ago. According to reports, some are calling it “the next Instagram“.
This app is already being used by millions of people – and processes more than 30 million messages per day.
Why is it so popular?
In an age where young people are always being warned about posting inappropriate content online, Snapchat eliminates that possibility, as it erases all texts sent, within seconds.
Friends can still see each message – but it goes away within the time it takes you to tweet.
The sender can actually choose how long the message will be visibile – up to 10 seconds. It will then self destruct.
So – how do you download this app, and what is the cost?
Android users – get it on Google Play. The video option is not yet available to Android users, though. However – developers are still working on that.
iPhone users can download it from the App Store.
Do you have an app question for me? Send me a Tweet @mediaholly.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!