Norfolk police arrest man in Wells Fargo robbery
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk police have arrested a man wanted for robbing a bank Tuesday afternoon.
The Wells Fargo Bank in the 400 block of Monticello Avenue was robbed just before 2 p.m.
Early Tuesday evening, police said they arrested 47-year-old Derrick Hawthorne in the 1000 block of Tidewater Drive.
Police say Hawthorne went to the bank and implied he had a weapon and left with an undetermined amount of money.
Hawthorne is being charged with bank robbery and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million