Norfolk man arrested for allegedly robbing Virginia Beach 7-Eleven
Virginia Beach, Va. – A Norfolk man has been arrested after allegedly robbing a Virginia Beach 7-Eleven early Monday morning.
Police say a masked man entered the 7-Eleven at 130 S. Newton Road around 1:15 am with a gun and demanded money.
Two witnesses drove up to the 7-Eleven while the robbery was taking place and called 911. They observed the suspect drive away in a green Ford and called in the license plate number.
The Ford was last seen westbound on I-264 toward Norfolk. Norfolk officers were dispatched to the vehicle owner’s residence and found the vehicle.
Investigators obtained additional information on the identity and whereabouts of the suspect, and 25-year-old Brian James Adkins was taken into custody without incident in Portsmouth.
Adkins is charged with Armed Robbery, Abduction, and Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony. He is currently being held at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom