Granite countertop spill closes I-264
Update: Two lanes are now open. Current backup is to Waterside (about a mile).
All four lanes of I-264 are closed after a flatbed trailer carrying granite counter tops spilled its load between Ballentine Blvd and Broad Creek.
Traffic is being routed onto the shoulder past the accident.
Use our interactive traffic map to avoid delays and find alternate routes.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time