Norfolk police officer hospitalized in motorcycle crash
Norfolk, Va. – A police officer was hospitalized Monday after a motorcycle crash on Tidewater Drive, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
According to Norfolk police spokesman Chris Amos, a police officer was traveling in the 7400 block of Tidewater Drive, when his motorcycle struck a depression in the roadway causing him to crash. Police say he was on his way back to the police station when he lost control of the vehicle.
The officer was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean