Norfolk police officer hospitalized in motorcycle crash
Norfolk, Va. – A police officer was hospitalized Monday after a motorcycle crash on Tidewater Drive, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
According to Norfolk police spokesman Chris Amos, a police officer was traveling in the 7400 block of Tidewater Drive, when his motorcycle struck a depression in the roadway causing him to crash. Police say he was on his way back to the police station when he lost control of the vehicle.
The officer was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize