Norfolk police officer hospitalized in motorcycle crash
Norfolk, Va. – A police officer was hospitalized Monday after a motorcycle crash on Tidewater Drive, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
According to Norfolk police spokesman Chris Amos, a police officer was traveling in the 7400 block of Tidewater Drive, when his motorcycle struck a depression in the roadway causing him to crash. Police say he was on his way back to the police station when he lost control of the vehicle.
The officer was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge