Police identify homeless man shot to death in Newport News trailer park
Newport News, Va. – Ajene Tylik Marrow spent his last moments visiting his girlfriend and son in the Americana East Mobile Home Park before he was killed in a drive-by shooting.
Police say that they believe he was standing outside of the Maple Court home when a gold-colored Nissan pulled up and a shot was fired, killing Marrow.
Neighbors say he came around often.
“I knew him through a couple of friends who knew him. He seemed like a really nice guy. He had a child, he seemed like a good father. Very caring,” said neighbor Wendy Reid.
Police believe that Marrow was homeless, but neighbors say he was a familiar face.
“He came around occasionally, sometimes a lot. It depends. I know he had family in here, so he would come visit or stay for a while.
But now, they’re worried for their own families.
“It makes me feel very scared, and worried about my children, and other people’s children around here and their safety.
Police have not yet released a motive in the shooting.
If you have any information, you’re encouraged to take action and call the crime line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's