Crews battle fire at Suffolk landfill
Suffolk, Va. – Fire officials are working to find the cause of an overnight fire at a Suffolk landfill, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
At approximately 2:23 a.m. Suffolk Fire & Rescue responded to a reported commercial structure fire at the regional landfill located at 1 Bob Foeller Drive, officials say.
Firefighters arrived on scene and discovered a large amount of plastic and aluminum materials, which were being recycled, on fire inside the Bi-Metals Recycling, LLC building.
Heavy equipment was brought in to push the massive amount of burning materials outside of the building so that they could be extinguished. Firefighters contained the fire within an hour and prevented it from burning the actual structure.
There were no injuries reported in the fire.
Police are still investigating to find the cause of the fire.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home