Crews battle fire at Suffolk landfill
Suffolk, Va. – Fire officials are working to find the cause of an overnight fire at a Suffolk landfill, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
At approximately 2:23 a.m. Suffolk Fire & Rescue responded to a reported commercial structure fire at the regional landfill located at 1 Bob Foeller Drive, officials say.
Firefighters arrived on scene and discovered a large amount of plastic and aluminum materials, which were being recycled, on fire inside the Bi-Metals Recycling, LLC building.
Heavy equipment was brought in to push the massive amount of burning materials outside of the building so that they could be extinguished. Firefighters contained the fire within an hour and prevented it from burning the actual structure.
There were no injuries reported in the fire.
Police are still investigating to find the cause of the fire.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's