Bill that would have banned smoking in cars with kids snuffed out
Democratic Delegate Joe Morrissey
Richmond, Va. – Recent legislation introduced by Democratic Delegate Joe Morrissey to crack down on smoking in cars was put out before it even made it the house floor, according to WTVR.
The General Assembly bill (HB1366) would have have made it illegal to smoke in your car while a child younger than 13 years old was in the vehicle too. The penalty would have been a $100 fine.
It was proposed as a secondary offense. That means you could only be penalized for the crime if you were pulled over for another offense.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury