60 gallons of diesel fuel spills onto Route 58
Suffolk, Va. – The Suffolk Police Department is currently working an accident involving a tractor trailer and passenger vehicle. It happened at approximately 4:50 a.m. Friday morning on Route 58 westbound at the Wilroy Road exit.
The driver of a 2011 Nissan Rogue tells police she hit a patch of ice, which caused her vehicle to lose control, striking the tractor trailer and puncturing its fuel tank.
Approximately 60 gallons of diesel fuel has spilled onto the roadway. The right lane is currently closed at this time.
There were no injuries reported.
Watch NewsChannel 3 now, for updates.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation