Subway customer starts social media storm after noting footlong subs aren’t 12 inches
One customer posted this photo on Facebook, asking subway why their foot-long sandwiches aren't a foot long.
Apparently every inch matters, especially when it comes to your favorite sandwich.
According to FoxNews.com, An Australian Subway diner is steamed after he discovered that Subway’s “footlong” sub measured in at only 11 inches.
Matt Corby ordered a footlong sub from his local Subway shop –and after deciding to measure it – found that it fell short an inch.
That’s when he logged on to the company’s Facebook page and posted a picture of his sandwich (tape measure and all ), with the words, “subway pls respond” written next to it.
This sparked other followers to post their own pictures demanding an explanation of the sandwich injustice. Over 120,000 likes later, there are also plenty of theories on the missing inch.
Gawker notes that among those”in the know” possible explanations include a toasted sub tends to shrink, whereas a cold sub maintains its full size or that the bread is shorter from the beginning because of the chain’s cost cutting measures.
So far Subway is mum on the situation.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize