One killed, another wounded in Hampton shooting
Hampton, Va. – One man was killed and another wounded after they were shot while sitting in a car in Hampton Thursday night.
Police say the two were sitting in a 2012 Chevy Malibu in the 200 block of South Back River Road when they were shot.
The two men drove themselves to Sentara Careplex where doctors notified police. One of the men later died from his wounds. His name is being withheld by police until his family has been notified.
The second victim, a 23-year-old Hampton man, sustained non-life threatening injuries and was released from the hospital.
Police are still investigating the cause of the shooting and do not have a description or number of suspects at this time.
Anyone with information that will assist police is encouraged to contact the Hampton Police Division at 727-6111 or Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Crime Line callers remain anonymous and never appear in court. If a Crime Line call results in an arrest, the caller is eligible for a reward up to $1,000.00. You can also send an anonymous tip via text
message to the Hampton Police Division by texting the keyword 757HPD and your tip to 847411 (tip411). The anonymous texting is not affiliated with Crime Line.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom