Flood warning issued for Suffolk, Isle of Wight and surrounding areas
The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for Isle of Wight, Southampton, Sussex, Franklin City and Suffolk.
The warning will last from Saturday morning until Wednesday evening, or until the warning is cancelled.
They expect the water from the Blackwater River to rise above flood stage by Saturday morning and will continue to rise to near 11.7 feet by Monday evening. They say the river will fall below flood stage by Wednesday.
At 11.8 feet, a portion of Route 611 in Southampton County, Joyners Bridge Road, is inundated. A portion of Route 619 in Isle of Wight County is flooded. This river level is comparable to a previous crest of 11.7 feet which occurred on December 11, 2009.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested