VDOT crews on standby for possible snow
VDOT crews are on stand-by right now and ready for snow.
Workers were not able to pre-treat the roads like they usually do because of all of the rain we’ve had in the last two days.
Transportation officials are monitoring road conditions throughout our area with the threat of the winter weather mix.
They tell NewsChannel 3 the trucks are filled with sand and salt and are ready to plow – if need be.
If we do have a significant amount of snow, crews will start with the interstates and major highways before moving to secondary streets like Hampton Boulevard in Norfolk.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place