VDOT crews on standby for possible snow
VDOT crews are on stand-by right now and ready for snow.
Workers were not able to pre-treat the roads like they usually do because of all of the rain we’ve had in the last two days.
Transportation officials are monitoring road conditions throughout our area with the threat of the winter weather mix.
They tell NewsChannel 3 the trucks are filled with sand and salt and are ready to plow – if need be.
If we do have a significant amount of snow, crews will start with the interstates and major highways before moving to secondary streets like Hampton Boulevard in Norfolk.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend