Schools monitoring snowfall
Local school systems, like Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, are now keeping a close eye on weather forecasts as snowfall is expected to move in.
This means officials will also have to decide whether or not to postpone or cancel classes on Friday.
Chesapeake school leaders say they have a network of key personnel across the city, constantly tracking weather and road conditions during events like this.
If officials believe conditions are not safe for buses to be on the roads, then the school system will either issue a delay or cancel classes.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars