Schools monitoring snowfall
Local school systems, like Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, are now keeping a close eye on weather forecasts as snowfall is expected to move in.
This means officials will also have to decide whether or not to postpone or cancel classes on Friday.
Chesapeake school leaders say they have a network of key personnel across the city, constantly tracking weather and road conditions during events like this.
If officials believe conditions are not safe for buses to be on the roads, then the school system will either issue a delay or cancel classes.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Who would bully military wives online?