Schools monitoring snowfall
Local school systems, like Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, are now keeping a close eye on weather forecasts as snowfall is expected to move in.
This means officials will also have to decide whether or not to postpone or cancel classes on Friday.
Chesapeake school leaders say they have a network of key personnel across the city, constantly tracking weather and road conditions during events like this.
If officials believe conditions are not safe for buses to be on the roads, then the school system will either issue a delay or cancel classes.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’