Schools monitoring snowfall
Local school systems, like Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, are now keeping a close eye on weather forecasts as snowfall is expected to move in.
This means officials will also have to decide whether or not to postpone or cancel classes on Friday.
Chesapeake school leaders say they have a network of key personnel across the city, constantly tracking weather and road conditions during events like this.
If officials believe conditions are not safe for buses to be on the roads, then the school system will either issue a delay or cancel classes.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen