San Jacinto deployment delayed due to repairs
Norfolk, Va. – The Norfolk-based San Jacinto will not be deploying next month with the Truman Carrier strike group.
It’s still being repaired in Florida.
The cruiser was damaged when it collided with the USS Montpelier back in October.
The San Jacinto and submarine were doing a training operation off the coast of Florida.
Earlier this month, the Montpelier’s skipper, Commander Thomas Winter, was relieved of command because of the collision
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9