San Jacinto deployment delayed due to repairs
Norfolk, Va. – The Norfolk-based San Jacinto will not be deploying next month with the Truman Carrier strike group.
It’s still being repaired in Florida.
The cruiser was damaged when it collided with the USS Montpelier back in October.
The San Jacinto and submarine were doing a training operation off the coast of Florida.
Earlier this month, the Montpelier’s skipper, Commander Thomas Winter, was relieved of command because of the collision
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel