Hampton Roads prepares for possible snow
Getting around in the snow in Hampton Roads isn’t easy for a lot of us.
But with the threat of snow Thursday night, it’s got a lot of people talking about the roads.
VDOT also tells NewsChannel 3 that crews are ready to mobilize if and when any wintry weather occurs.
A representative says that, at this point, VDOT does not expect much accumulation for the need of snow plows, but crews will monitor conditions as they happen.
Local school systems, like Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, also tell NewsChannel 3 that no decisions have been made just yet whether or not school will be postponed or cancelled on Friday.
Chesapeake Schools says they have a network of key personnel across the city, constantly tracking weather and road conditions during events like this. If officials believe conditions are not favorable for buses to be on the roads, then the school system will contact students and parents.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’