Hundreds possibly exposed to HIV, hepatitis at NY Veterans Affairs Center
Hundreds of patients at a New York Veterans Affairs Center may have been exposed to HIV or hepatitis.
Officials say insulin pens that were only supposed to be used once were used for multiple people.
The department of Veterans Affairs has informed congress that this was happening at the buffalo VA Medical Center for the past two years.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, there should be no sharing of the pens, even when the needles are discarded.
If this doesn’t happen, patients who are injected with reused pens could be infected.
The VA is offering free blood tests to patients who may be at risk.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen