Hundreds possibly exposed to HIV, hepatitis at NY Veterans Affairs Center
Hundreds of patients at a New York Veterans Affairs Center may have been exposed to HIV or hepatitis.
Officials say insulin pens that were only supposed to be used once were used for multiple people.
The department of Veterans Affairs has informed congress that this was happening at the buffalo VA Medical Center for the past two years.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, there should be no sharing of the pens, even when the needles are discarded.
If this doesn’t happen, patients who are injected with reused pens could be infected.
The VA is offering free blood tests to patients who may be at risk.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder