Pearl Harbor-based submarine’s periscope damaged after collision with vessel
According to the Navy’s website, the USS Jacksonville, a Los Angeles-class submarine, hit a vessel while operating in the Arabian Gulf on Thursday.
They say one of the sub’s two periscopes was damaged in the collision.
The reactor is still in a safe condition according to the website, and there was no damage to the propulsion plant systems.
No injuries were reported.
Jacksonville is on a scheduled deployment to the U.S. 5th Fleet Area of Responsibility.
This incident is still under investigation.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel