Pearl Harbor-based submarine’s periscope damaged after collision with vessel
According to the Navy’s website, the USS Jacksonville, a Los Angeles-class submarine, hit a vessel while operating in the Arabian Gulf on Thursday.
They say one of the sub’s two periscopes was damaged in the collision.
The reactor is still in a safe condition according to the website, and there was no damage to the propulsion plant systems.
No injuries were reported.
Jacksonville is on a scheduled deployment to the U.S. 5th Fleet Area of Responsibility.
This incident is still under investigation.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales