Suffolk teen arrested and charged for selling marijuana on school grounds
Suffolk, Va. – A Suffolk teen has been arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, Suffolk officials tell NewsChannel 3.
It happened in the parking lot of Kings Fork High School. On January 9, 2013, at 11:54 a.m., a search warrant was executed on the listed offender and the vehicle he is known to drive.
During the search, police say several individually packaged bags of marijuana were recovered. The listed offender admitted to selling some of the marijuana recovered from the vehicle, and was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute less than half an ounce. He was also charged with possession of marijuana with intent to sell on school property.
The suspect is identified as 18-year-old James Scott Marx of the 1200 block of Parker Drive in Suffolk.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says