Justin Upton vetoes trade to Seattle
Justin Upton (Wikicommons)
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton has vetoed a trade to the Seattle Mariners.
According to the Associated Press, the Hampton Roads native’s contract allows him to veto a trade to a small list of teams.
Upton’s contract will pay him $38.5 million over the next three seasons.
It is not known why Upton vetoed the deal, especially since Arizona has been looking to trade him for a while to ease it’s logjam of talented outfielders.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified