Justin Upton vetoes trade to Seattle
Justin Upton (Wikicommons)
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton has vetoed a trade to the Seattle Mariners.
According to the Associated Press, the Hampton Roads native’s contract allows him to veto a trade to a small list of teams.
Upton’s contract will pay him $38.5 million over the next three seasons.
It is not known why Upton vetoed the deal, especially since Arizona has been looking to trade him for a while to ease it’s logjam of talented outfielders.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize