Justin Upton vetoes trade to Seattle
Justin Upton (Wikicommons)
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Justin Upton has vetoed a trade to the Seattle Mariners.
According to the Associated Press, the Hampton Roads native’s contract allows him to veto a trade to a small list of teams.
Upton’s contract will pay him $38.5 million over the next three seasons.
It is not known why Upton vetoed the deal, especially since Arizona has been looking to trade him for a while to ease it’s logjam of talented outfielders.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury