Homeowner exchanges gunfire with robbers in Accomack County, suspects still at large
Accomack County, Va. – An Accomack County homeowner traded gunfire with two people who broke into his home Friday morning.
According to Sheriff Todd Godwin, two people wearing dark clothing forced their way into a home on Mason Road near Bloxom around 9:48 am.
The homeowner confronted one of the suspects inside and both ran into a nearby wooded area while exchanging gunshots with the homeowner. There were no reports of injuries from the shooting.
Sheriff’s deputies and K-9 units searched the area with assistance from the Virginia State Police, Maryland State Police, Virginia Marine Police, Bloxom Police Department, Parksley Police Department and the Onley Police Department. So far the two have not been found.
An investigation into this incident is continuing and anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office at 757-787-1131 or 757-824-5666.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend