Elizabeth River Tunnels project open for business
The Elizabeth River Tunnels project is open for business.
Transportation leaders were joined today by local businesses during a groundbreaking event in Portsmouth.
The project includes the building of a new Midtown Tunnel and fixing the Downtown and what is now the Midtown tunnels.
Plans also include extending the Martin Luther King Expressway.
Today’s ceremony is still underway on Seabord Avenue in Portsmouth.
Local companies contracted to work on the project are there.
The project is sponsored by the Elizabeth River Crossings and the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket