Elizabeth River Tunnels project open for business
The Elizabeth River Tunnels project is open for business.
Transportation leaders were joined today by local businesses during a groundbreaking event in Portsmouth.
The project includes the building of a new Midtown Tunnel and fixing the Downtown and what is now the Midtown tunnels.
Plans also include extending the Martin Luther King Expressway.
Today’s ceremony is still underway on Seabord Avenue in Portsmouth.
Local companies contracted to work on the project are there.
The project is sponsored by the Elizabeth River Crossings and the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales