Taking Action Getting a Job: Deputy Sheriff
Job Number: 338279
Job Description: Deputy Sheriff
• Assist in receiving new inmates to include: visual and body searches, showering, issuance of jail clothing and other personal items.
• Maintain cells and premises in a constant state of cleanliness and order, utilizing inmate labor.
• Prepare inmates for court appearances and receive them back into population.
• Maintain constant security of the correctional facility by monitoring and supervising inmate activities and facility operations.
• Supervise the internal movement of inmates, to include visitation and feeding.
• Transport inmates when and where needed.
• Participate in inmate due process and administrative hearings.
• Assist in courtroom security functions.
• Operate office equipment as necessary.
• Perform any other duties as designated by the Sheriff.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’