Police search for suspect wanted in connection to Norfolk shooting
Norfolk, Va. – Police tell NewsChannel 3 a shooting was reported near a Norfolk elementary school Wednesday morning and now they are looking for a suspect.
The call came in at approximately 10:54 a.m. The caller reported a person had been shot in the 4545 block of Robin Hood Road and Early Street, near Sherwood Forest Elementary School.
Police say there was one adult male gunshot victim who was hospitalized. He remains in serious condition.
They say Sherwood Forest Elementary School was put on lockdown as a precaution around 10:50 a.m. Police lifted the school lockdown at 11:10 a.m.
Police are now looking for Alexic Tariq Russell. He is suspected of being involved in the shooting. He is considered armed and dangerous and is known to frequent the Woolsey Street area of Norfolk.
He is facing charges including malicious wounding, use of a firearm, possession of a firearm by a felon and discharge firearm within 1000′ of a school.
If you know anything that could help police find Russell, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified