Facebook post prompts increased police presence at Kecoughtan High School
Hampton, Va. – There was an increased police presence at Kecoughtan High School Wednesday morning, according to Hampton school officials.
A school spokesperson tells NewsChannel 3 a Facebook post was made Tuesday night, indicating that there was a “hit list” written by a Kecoughtan student which they say included names of students and teachers.
Parents informed the HCS administration through the use of the HCS Hotline.
Hampton police were immediately notified and conducted a thorough investigation Tuesday night. Police say so far, the investigation did not reveal any such hit list.
School officials say Hampton police had 10 officers stationed at the school Tuesday morning. Four officers will remain at the school throughout the day.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales