ESPN commentator let go after questioning RGIII’s ‘blackness’
He questioned RGIII’s blackness, and now sports commentator Rob Parker is out of a job.
Last month on an episode of ESPN’s “First Take,” Parker asked if Robert Griffin, III was a “cornball brotha.”
A few days later, he was suspended.
On Tuesday it was revealed that the sports network didn’t renew Parker’s contract.
In a statement ESPN said: “…evaluating our needs and his work, including his recent RG3 comments, we decided not to renew his deal.”
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found