Rottweiler turns on stove causing accidental fire in Beach home
Virginia Beach, Va.– Rooney the Rottweiler has been accused of accidentally starting a fire in Virginia Beach and burning down his owner’s Oceanfront home after turning on a stove.
Rooney was alone Wednesday afternoon. Mike McFarland, his owner, says the 2-year-old dog has had an awful week.
He has liver disease and has recently been put on medication, which McFarland says could explain his actions.
Rooney took off for about an hour after the fire after neighbors broke a window and pulled him out.
McFarland came home and could hardly believe what happened.
He says he’s not mad at Rooney, the playful dog is his best friend and he knows Rooney didn’t do it intentionally.
The home is ruined. Some things inside could be saved and are being packed up.
McFarland rented the bungalow five blocks off the ocean. With the stigma associated with Rottweilers, it was one of his only options.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket