Mother who confessed on Facebook to killing baby will spend 15 years in prison
Julie Calahan, a mother who confessed on Facebook to killing her baby will spend 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter.
Originally, her brother-in-law pleaded guilty to child neglect but after police found the Facebook conversation, they confronted Calahan.
She admitted to shaking the child.
Lakeira was 11-months-old when she died in 2009.
After Lakeria’s death, Calahan left Virginia Beach.
When they found the Facebook message, police traveled to Arkansas to question Calahan.
Her brother-in-law served a year in prison for child abuse.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations