Mother who confessed on Facebook to killing baby will spend 15 years in prison
Julie Calahan, a mother who confessed on Facebook to killing her baby will spend 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter.
Originally, her brother-in-law pleaded guilty to child neglect but after police found the Facebook conversation, they confronted Calahan.
She admitted to shaking the child.
Lakeira was 11-months-old when she died in 2009.
After Lakeria’s death, Calahan left Virginia Beach.
When they found the Facebook message, police traveled to Arkansas to question Calahan.
Her brother-in-law served a year in prison for child abuse.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom