Mother who confessed on Facebook to killing baby will spend 15 years in prison
Julie Calahan, a mother who confessed on Facebook to killing her baby will spend 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter.
Originally, her brother-in-law pleaded guilty to child neglect but after police found the Facebook conversation, they confronted Calahan.
She admitted to shaking the child.
Lakeira was 11-months-old when she died in 2009.
After Lakeria’s death, Calahan left Virginia Beach.
When they found the Facebook message, police traveled to Arkansas to question Calahan.
Her brother-in-law served a year in prison for child abuse.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam