Suspect identified in shooting near Lynnhaven Mall
Update: Police have identified the suspect in this shooting. The suspect is identified as 24-year-old Torry Orlando Whitley of the 3000 block of Bosco Court in Norfolk, Virginia. He is currently wanted on charges of Malicious Assault and Use of a Firearm.
Virginia Beach, Va.- According to Virginia Beach police, a man was shot while walking back from Lynnhaven Mall on Monday afternoon, January 7, 2013.
They say calls came in at 1:40 p.m. from the 3200 block of Green Lakes Drive.
Police say the man was shot in the leg near a Valero gas station on Bow Creek Boulevard.
They say he flagged down a motorist on Bow Creek and reported he was shot.
He was then picked up by medics on S. Club House Road and taken to the hospital. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Police say the suspect may have fled in the direction of Lynnhaven Parkway.
Police are asking anyone with information about the whereabouts of Whitley to call the Virginia Beach Crime Solvers Office at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or text VBTIP with your information to CRIMES (274637). Callers and texters remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if their information leads to an arrest.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen