One dead, another injured in accident in James City County
According to Virginia State Police, one person has died and another was injured in an accident on Route 606, Riverview Road in James City County on January 6, 2013.
They say a white, E350 Ford van was going eastbound on Riverview Road when it ran off of the road hitting a tree.
The driver, identified as Brian Anthony Middaugh of Williamsburg, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A minor, who was also in the vehicle, was transported for injuries.
Police say speed and alcohol were not factors in the crash. They say Middaugh was not wearing his seat belt at the time.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains