Exterminators battle bed bugs at Hampton apartments
Hampton, Va. – Bed bugs are no longer a bother for Cynthia Alshire, the Hampton woman who battled the bugs and the Hampton Housing Authority last week.
After NewsChannel 3 took action, an extermination crew treated her Lincoln Tower apartment this weekend, five days earlier than the Authority said they would.
Alshire and her family are now encouraging the other tenants who are having the same bed bug debacle to speak up.
“Disabled and elderly people, low income people, they’re people just like you, whether they have money or not, and they need our help because they don’t always have voices because they’re afraid,” she said.
As for the Housing Authority, they say it’s a two-way street, and that they stepped in when they saw how bad it was.
The Hampton Housing Authority plans to tear down the building in a year to rebuild a new complex.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery