Newport News woman to serve 42 months for perjury
Officials say 30-year-old Bettina Bugg of Newport News has been sentenced to 42 months in prison for lying to a federal grand jury.
They say she pleaded guilty back in July.
According to documents, Bugg was subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury in Newport News for a double homicide that occurred in 2009 on 33rd Street and Marshall Avenue.
The father of one of her children, Kevin Ashby, was identified as a suspect in the case according to court documents.
Officials say she lied while under oath and also asked a government witness to lie also.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!