Newport News woman to serve 42 months for perjury
Officials say 30-year-old Bettina Bugg of Newport News has been sentenced to 42 months in prison for lying to a federal grand jury.
They say she pleaded guilty back in July.
According to documents, Bugg was subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury in Newport News for a double homicide that occurred in 2009 on 33rd Street and Marshall Avenue.
The father of one of her children, Kevin Ashby, was identified as a suspect in the case according to court documents.
Officials say she lied while under oath and also asked a government witness to lie also.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified