Man in critical condition after being shot in groin
Newport News, Va.–Police are investigating after a man was shot in the groin area in an apartment on Delmar Avenue in Newport News early Monday morning.
They say calls came in a little after 3 a.m. about the shooting.
The 21-year-old man who was shot was transported. He remains in critical condition.
Police say there was a gathering of some sort inside of an apartment and people inside were drinking.
They say the man who was shot does not live in the apartment, and people on the scene told them someone opened the door and fired inside the apartment.
Police are still investigating this case.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's