Man in critical condition after being shot in groin
Newport News, Va.–Police are investigating after a man was shot in the groin area in an apartment on Delmar Avenue in Newport News early Monday morning.
They say calls came in a little after 3 a.m. about the shooting.
The 21-year-old man who was shot was transported. He remains in critical condition.
Police say there was a gathering of some sort inside of an apartment and people inside were drinking.
They say the man who was shot does not live in the apartment, and people on the scene told them someone opened the door and fired inside the apartment.
Police are still investigating this case.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize