Man in critical condition after being shot in groin
Newport News, Va.–Police are investigating after a man was shot in the groin area in an apartment on Delmar Avenue in Newport News early Monday morning.
They say calls came in a little after 3 a.m. about the shooting.
The 21-year-old man who was shot was transported. He remains in critical condition.
Police say there was a gathering of some sort inside of an apartment and people inside were drinking.
They say the man who was shot does not live in the apartment, and people on the scene told them someone opened the door and fired inside the apartment.
Police are still investigating this case.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains