Man charged in connection to Newport News Shell gas station robbery
Prince Jhamier Bell
Newport News police have charged a 26-year-old man in connection to a robbery that occurred at the Shell Station at 4900 Jefferson Avenue on Sunday.
Prince Jhamier Bell, of the 300 block of Pear Ridge Circle, has been charged with robbery and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
According to police, a store clerk told officers that a man with a gun came behind the counter and took money from the registers before fleeing on foot.
There were three customers in the store at the time.
Another officer spotted a man who they say matched the description of the offender running through the blocks near 46th Street. Bell was then arrested.
Robbery Detective Erickson is asking that those citizens in the business at the time of the robbery or anyone with information about this robbery to please contact her at 928-4217.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down