Gilmerton Bridge closes for two weeks
As part of the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project, the Gilmerton Bridge is now closed for the next two weeks.
Maritime traffic will also be affected for a five- to ten-day period during the closure.
Motorists are encouraged to use the Interstate 64 High Rise Bridge as an alternate route during the bridge closure. The new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as an alternate tolled route.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales