Dryer started Hampton house fire
Hampton, Va. – Firefighters in Hampton battled a house fire early Monday afternoon.
The fire was in the 800 block of Headrow Terrace.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control.
Firefighters say the cause was clothes in a dryer that caught fire, eventually spreading to the attic.
No one was injured, but a family of five are now displaced. The American Red Cross arrived to assist them in finding a place to stay.
Firefighters say the damage is estimated to be close to $55,000.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested