Portsmouth woman hospitalized after house fire
Portsmouth, Va. – A woman was taken to the hospital after her house caught on fire Sunday afternoon.
Portsmouth firefighters responded to the call just before 2 p.m. When they arrived on scene the house was heavily involved in fire.
The woman was able to flee the house, but she was exposed to some smoke.
Firefighters say she was taken to a local hospital by medics to be checked out.
The house sustained significant damage from fire, heat and smoke.
At this time, investigators are not sure of the cause of the fire, but it remains under investigation.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students