Rover finds ‘flower’ on Mars surface
New photos of Mars from NASA’s Curiosity rover certainly have people curious.
The photos show an odd formation some have called a “flower” embedded in Martian rock, according to Space.com.
The rover also found a “snake-like” rock formation winding across the planet’s surface.
The photo was snapped on Dec. 19.
Curiosity has seen bits of clear plastic (pieces of the rover itself) on the surface of Mars before, but NASA officials said that doesn’t appear to be the case this time.
Read more: Space.com
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified