Rover finds ‘flower’ on Mars surface
New photos of Mars from NASA’s Curiosity rover certainly have people curious.
The photos show an odd formation some have called a “flower” embedded in Martian rock, according to Space.com.
The rover also found a “snake-like” rock formation winding across the planet’s surface.
The photo was snapped on Dec. 19.
Curiosity has seen bits of clear plastic (pieces of the rover itself) on the surface of Mars before, but NASA officials said that doesn’t appear to be the case this time.
Read more: Space.com
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave