Rover finds ‘flower’ on Mars surface
New photos of Mars from NASA’s Curiosity rover certainly have people curious.
The photos show an odd formation some have called a “flower” embedded in Martian rock, according to Space.com.
The rover also found a “snake-like” rock formation winding across the planet’s surface.
The photo was snapped on Dec. 19.
Curiosity has seen bits of clear plastic (pieces of the rover itself) on the surface of Mars before, but NASA officials said that doesn’t appear to be the case this time.
Read more: Space.com
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam