Big Bang Theory sets record with highest ratings ever
The Big Bang Theory continues to break records.
The hit sitcom returned on Thursday following a three-week hiatus. The show attracted 19 million viewers, breaking yet another record this season.
The show’s previous ratings record came on November 15 with 17.6 million, and a week before that with 16.7 million.
The show’s past six new episodes have been the highest-rated episodes of all-time.
Big Bang also matched its series high in the adults 18-49 demo with a 6.1 rating. The rating beats the 6.0 set on Feb. 8, 2010.
Most other shows were in repeats on Thursday night, which undoubtedly helped the sitcom.
The show is often compared to Friends, which hit around 20 million viewers around the end of its long run on NBC.
Read more: Entertainment Weekly
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket