Resident escapes overnight house fire in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – No one was injured in a house fire early Saturday morning in Newport News.
The Newport News Fire Department responded to the fire in the 300 block of Barclay Road just before 2 a.m.
Firefighters reported heavy smoke and flames coming out of a window when they arrived on scene.
We’re told that the occupant of the house was able to escape through the back door.
The fire was out within minutes. Firefighters say it started from an electrical outlet.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?