Pat McCrory sworn in as North Carolina governor
Pat McCrory has officially become North Carolina’s new governor.
The former Charlotte mayor was sworn into office this afternoon in Raleigh.
His wife was at his side as state Supreme Court Chief Justice Sarah Parker administered the oath of office.
McCrory is the state’s first Republican governor in 20 years.
A public inauguration is scheduled for next Saturday.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel