Pat McCrory sworn in as North Carolina governor
Pat McCrory has officially become North Carolina’s new governor.
The former Charlotte mayor was sworn into office this afternoon in Raleigh.
His wife was at his side as state Supreme Court Chief Justice Sarah Parker administered the oath of office.
McCrory is the state’s first Republican governor in 20 years.
A public inauguration is scheduled for next Saturday.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'