Pat McCrory sworn in as North Carolina governor
Pat McCrory has officially become North Carolina’s new governor.
The former Charlotte mayor was sworn into office this afternoon in Raleigh.
His wife was at his side as state Supreme Court Chief Justice Sarah Parker administered the oath of office.
McCrory is the state’s first Republican governor in 20 years.
A public inauguration is scheduled for next Saturday.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery