Pat McCrory sworn in as North Carolina governor
Pat McCrory has officially become North Carolina’s new governor.
The former Charlotte mayor was sworn into office this afternoon in Raleigh.
His wife was at his side as state Supreme Court Chief Justice Sarah Parker administered the oath of office.
McCrory is the state’s first Republican governor in 20 years.
A public inauguration is scheduled for next Saturday.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge